An easy and simple way to learn the parts of the heart, these Montessori 3-part,
"Parts of the Heart" cards are large, beautifully illustrated, and clear.
Scientific 3 part cards are an important component of a Montessori language, science and culture program. While the cards provide opportunity for sorting and matching, they are also a valuable tool for the development of vocabulary, and later a reading opportunity. Young children love to learn new words, and are in a sensitive period for language acquisition. Cards like these give them the opportunity to easily learn terms they would struggle with if they tried to learn them at a later age.
The cards in this set have nice, large pictures, and are sized according to the Canadian Montessori Teacher's Education Institute's recommendations. They are 14cm by 14cm, with labels 10cm x 2 cm. (The width of the cards exactly divides a standard letter sized piece of card stock in half). One part of the digestive system is highlighted in red on each card. Light grey lines are provided to help guide cutting if necessary.
The package includes:
12 Labeled cards:
- 1 coloured diagram of the complete digestive system
- 11 cards with different digestive system parts, that part coloured red on the given card
12 Unlabeled cards, matching the labeled ones but blank at the bottom
2 set of blackline masters, one blank, one with writing guide-lines
- Parts of the Butterfly, (Montessori Scientific 3 Part Cards)
- Parts of the Digestive System, (Montessori Scientific 3 Part Cards)
- Parts of the Fish, (Montessori Scientific 3 Part Cards)
- Parts of the Snake, (Montessori Scientific 3 Part Cards)
- Parts of the Mushroom, (Montessori Scientific 3 Part Cards)