Also included in
- Monsters University + Party Central Pixar Short Movie Guide Bundle | SAVE 10%Check each individual movie guide posting for sample questions and details : )★You're In Good Hands★Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently th$5.35$5.98Save $0.63
- This Pixar Short Video Guide Bundle #3 is great to have in your emergency fun toolkit for ELA substitutes, short no-prep lessons, or supplemental material for your English class.Each product in the bundle includes:A student movie guide, PDF print version (2 pages)A student movie guide, PDF digital f$5.79$8.91Save $3.12
- This Pixar Short Super-Duper AMAZING Bundle include 30 Pixar Short Video Guides and is great to have in your emergency fun toolkit for ELA substitutes, short no-prep lessons, or supplemental material for your English class.Each product in the bundle includes:A student movie guide, PDF print version$14.36$28.71Save $14.35
Party Central Pixar Short Video Guide (PG - 2014) challenges students to analyze this 5 minute Pixar animation. Think creatively and discuss another way, besides stealing food and party-goers, that one could get people to come to their party. Think like a director and explore the use of irony and how to create humor. Ask students to compare their idea of a great party to that of the monsters.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 6 high-level, short answer and reflection questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
★Try One Before You Buy One★
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit MY STORE to see over 4,000 ratings with a perfect ★★★★★ average.
This product includes:
- An EASEL by TPT version of the student movie guide (compatible with Google Classroom)
- A single, 7 page .PDF file consisting of:
- A student movie guide (2 pages)
- An answer key (2 pages)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met (1 page)
- A PDF with link to a Google Slides version (1 page)
- An About TeacherTravis Intro (1 page)
CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
What is EASEL by TPT? Check out some of the videos below:
- How to Assign Easel Activities to Students
- The Student Experience Using Easel Activities
- How to Review Student Work using Easel Activities
General Tips for Using the Print version of this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Earn free resources with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
Free Resources Commonly Used with this Product
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Onward Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Trolls World Tour Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE