Passage to Freedom is based on a true story about Chiune Sugihara, a Japanese diplomat who wrote visas to allow thousands of Jews to travel out of the country during World War II. The Nazi Party was a political party that came to power in the government of Germany in 1933. Adolf Hitler was the leader of the party and the Chancellor of Germany for 15 years. Nazi members accused Jews of trying to control the Aryan race, or “master race”. During World War II, the Nazi belief system was enforced in Europe. Millions of Jews, Russians, and Poles were killed, imprisoned, and enslaved. This story shows one man's courage to save the lives of many during this terrible time in history.
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Facts and Details
C. Includes background information
D. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- 4 activities to extend the lesson
- 1 Vocabulary Practice sheet (five words per sheet)
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Facts and Details)
- Comprehension Quiz with 4 MC question and 2 Extended Response Question. Answer key included.
27 Pages + 31 Slides
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.