Also included in
- Imagine having your entire school year planned for you. This curriculum and pacing guide for 7th grade ELA includes everything you need for an entire school year of reading, writing, learning, growth, and engagement. Simply download the PDF pacing guide and yearlong curriculum, and you will have 66$213.24$222.24Save $9.00
Engage, empower, and excite your grades 6-10 students with this editable passion project for independent reading. A passion project for independent reading is a project that reflects students' understanding of their novel and taps into the things that bring students happiness. I have never seen my students so excited to do an independent reading project!
For example, if art brings your student joy, that student can create a masterpiece that reflects the development of major themes in his or her novel. If being in a workshop brings your student joy, that student could build a structure that reflects the setting of the novel.
This passion project is standards based. Students choose one standard and one book as their project focus. They complete a project proposal, design a standards-based rubric, and plan a calendar of deadlines.
The passion project culminates with students presenting or sharing their project in a gallery walk. A reflection exit ticket is also included.
This project includes:
- Detailed lesson plans
- PowerPoint to guide students and teachers through lessons
- Pacing guide calendar
- Student created rubric with instructions
- Reading Standards list to help students design their projects
- Project Proposal
- Passion Project Brainstorming Graffiti Wall full size bulletin board
For other engaging products, check out the links below: