Past Tense Irregular Verbs - GO FISH Card Game for ESL / EFL / ELL
GO FISH is an easy-to-play irregular verb card game focusing on changing the most common Irregular Verbs from Present to Past and vice versa! Your students will practice and review 60 different commonly used verbs that don't end with -ed! Many students struggle with irregular verb conjugation and need a fun and engaging way to help memorize tricky irregulars.
This game gives your students an opportunity to practice:
- active listening skills (while waiting for their verb to be called)
- reading skills (irregular verb ending pronunciations)
- verb identification skills (being able to identify a verb and it's past tense)
GO Fish! - card game for small groups
Task cards - Use the numbered cards and recording sheet for students to write the past tense of each verb
Memory - Turn the cards upside down and have students find verb pairs.
- 120 cards -Full Color or B&W printing options
- 60 Present Tense/ 60 Past Tense
- Answer recording sheet and teacher answer key (if using as task cards)
Check out some other Grammar Games!
Check out some other Vocabulary Games!
Check out some Best Selling ELL Resources in $$ Saving Bundles!
Check out some of my Conversation Starters!
Please go to your page (you must be signed in). Next to each purchase you'll see a button. Just click it and you will be redirected to a page where you can give a rating and leave a comment for each purchase . Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I love hearing from you as your feedback helps me improve my resources to fit the needs of teachers all over the world!