This is a GREAT packet to help your students practice past tense through playing games. The games will help your students recognize the three sounds of -ed, learn the irregular past tense plurals, practice using the correct words in sentences, and spell the words correctly.
My students have especially loved the Pirate's Booty game and beg for it every indoor recess. Highly recommend this one :)!
- 2 Board Games (1 for -ed words, 1 for irregular past tense)
- 5 in a row (matching the different sounds for -ed)
- Go Hunting (irregular past tense Go Fish game)
- Find My Treasure ("Battleship-like game" for -ed words or irregulars)
- Pirate's Booty (board game that practices all tenses in spelling and in filling in the blanks in sentences).
See my other Word Work Games: