Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
35.52 MB | 27 pages
Teaching tenses and especially the Passé Simple in French can be difficult but here’s a resource that should help you teach the Passé Simple tense in a dynamic way. This lesson is aimed at teenagers and adults -at intermediate or advanced levels- but it can be adapted for the needs of children. It contains a powerpoint with 22 slides and an activity booklet with 5 pages so that students can keep a track of their learning.
Here’s what you get with this pack:
1. As an introduction to the lesson students are invited to set themselves a target so that they own their learning (3 targets are offered as part of differentiation)
2. The lesson starts with speaking activity based on pictures from the Little Prince and some quotes from the book
3. It is followed by the biography of the author and questions about the text and verbs in the text.
4. The teacher introduces the use of the Passé Simple tense
5. The teacher introduces the formation of the tense according to the three groups but also the formation with the use of être/avoir and the irregular verbs
6. 6 exercises as practice
7. a writing activity
8. Review of objectives.
Have fun and don’t forget the booklet so that students can keep a written track of their learning!