For this activity, students will recognize the strengths of other students. Please see a snapshot of the lesson below:
Directions: Your teacher will randomly select a partner for you. You will interview your partner and record their answers below. They will interview you and record your responses on their paper. Based on their answers, you will create a “pat on the back” for your partner. A “pat on the back” is a way to recognize them for who they are as a person or to recognize them for something good that they have done. It’s a way of affirming who they are.
Be prepared to say a few kind words about your partner in front of the class/group before presenting your partner with their “pat on the back” project on _____________________________.
• No money can be spent creating a “pat on the back”
• Be creative
• Be affirming, encouraging, and kind
“Pat on the Back” Project Ideas:
• Create an original award certificate highlighting what you admire most about your partner
• Create a “trophy” to present to your partner using only recycled items
• Create and object that represents your partner’s best characteristics
• Write a short poem
• Write an acrostic with their name that acknowledges their best characteristics
• Write a friendly letter acknowledging what you admire most about your partner
• Make a card acknowledging what you admire, their best characteristics, etc.
• Make a collage with pictures and quotes that capture the essence of who the person is
• Create a 30-60 second video acknowledging what you admire, their best characteristics, etc.
• Write and perform a 30-60 second skit highlighting the best aspects of your partner