PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Please check the PREVIEW for 6 pages of goodies in the packet! The thumbnail only shows a closeup of the scarecrow “craftivity”.
In celebration of fall, and as a big "Thank You!" for all that you do, this packet is sale priced for a limited time.
There are 17 scarecrow options in the packet, along with worksheets, posters, flashcards, puzzles, and games!
To make this extra special, fold a sheet of white construction paper, have students trace their hand and then cut once, to get two hand prints for their scarecrow's "gloves". I ran yellow construction paper through a shredder to make the "hair".
Each scarecrow is based on a report card standard
and is a super-fun way to practice, review and assess a variety of skills:
upper & lowercase letters, numbers 0-30, odd & even, skip counting by 2s, 3s, 5s, 10s, 2D shapes, 11-colors, vowels, telling time to the hour & half hour, plus words: SC blend, contractions, compound words, beginning Ss sound words, CVC words that begin with S, plus rhyming words!
Completed projects make an absolutely adorable bulletin board too.
For extra practice, when everyone is done, play an "I Spy" game and give students a piece of candy corn to use as a manipulative. Choose a student to call out a "patch".
Children locate that letter, number, shape or whatever, cover it with the candy corn, and then raise their hand.
This is a fun way to practice and review standards, as well as a quick and easy way to whole-group assess, as you can see at a glance who is having difficulty.
* Easy-peasy scarecrow pattern
* Patches for 17 different scarecrows
* A large, full-color scarecrow clock for the teacher, with matching smaller, black & white ones for students.
* An alphabetical list of 72 contractions
* A list of 52 rhyming words for scare, and another with 274 words that rhyme with crow
* 37-CVC words that begin with s
* 47-letter S picture patches, with 4 matching posters
* a set of shape cards
* a set of alphabet cards
* a set of 11-color word cards
* 2 emergent readers
* a set of number cards
* Activities for odd & even, plus skip counting by 2s, 3s, 5s & 10s.
* 6 number puzzles (black & white, plus color) Count from 1-10; count backwards from 10-1, and skip count to 100 by 10s.
* An SC blend section, with 56-word cards and 45 pocket chart cards
* As always, directions, samples & photographs
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you’re delighted with Patches and the rest of his gang.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.