Author studies are such a great way to get your students engaged, interested, and motivated during your reading block. With this resource, your students will have fun studying the themes and characters in five of Patricia Pollaco's picture books.
*Please note this author study does not include the actual texts, teachers will need to purchase those separately in order to fully utilize the plans included in this resource.
- Author Study Overview
- Patricia Polacco Author Study Teacher Guide
- Timeline for Author Study (includes 1 week and 2 week option)
- Text Connection Guide (highlights common themes)
- Read Aloud Plans for 5 Picture Books (each plan includes questions and prompts to focus on two different comprehension skills
- 25 Reader Response Activities
- 2 Culminating Activities
- Digital versions of the reader response activities
What picture books do I need to own in order to complete this study?
This author study analyzes the themes and characters in the following 5 books:
- Mr. Lincoln's Way
- Thank You, Mr. Falker
- Chicken Sunday
- Junkyard Wonders
- My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother
How could I use this in my classroom?
- Do a whole group author study during your whole group read aloud
- Let your students form a book club to study Patricia Polacco
- Make available for your students to read and study as an extension activity
Want to learn more? Check out the preview.
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.