Supplement your patriotic unit by including this patriotic holidays resource. Students will answer questions about key details while being introduced to the following patriotic holidays: Independence Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, and Constitution Day. Students will learn how historic figures, Moina Michael and Betsy Ross, tie into this patriotic theme. This resource is a great way to integrate Reading with your Social Studies content while helping your students explore the concept of patriotism. These printables can be used as homework. Some of the printables can be used during your ELA block.
This resource includes:
• 7 Reading Comprehension Passages With Answer Keys
• 1 Goods and Services Patriotic Writing Prompt
• 1 Positive Character Traits Writing Prompt/Memorial Day Writing Prompt
• 1 Patriotic Person/Memorial Day Writing Prompt With Answer Key
• 1 Patriotic Balloons/Veterans Day Writing Prompt
• 1 Flags On Independence Day Writing Prompt With Answer Key
• 1 Patriotism Writing Prompt
• 1 Patriotic Holiday Writing Prompt
• 1 Veterans Day Acrostic Poem Printable
• 1 Veterans Day Letter Writing Printable
• 1 Independence Day Tradition Compare and Contrast Printable
• 3 Vocabulary Posters
• 1 Patriotic Holidays Assessment
• Write A Class Constitution Example
• Teacher Note Pages
You might also like...
Patriotism in First Grade
A Book About Liberty for 1st Grade Students
First Grade Vocabulary Support for America the Beautiful
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. Make sure you click the green star which can be found by the name of my store. Thank you!