Patriotic poems can help you to celebrate National holidays and teach about our country. Use these poems to celebrate our country and supplement your Social Studies curriculum. The poems may be used as part of your Poem of the Week program or as part of a thematic unit.
The following are included in this packet:
* Directions for Implementing a Poem of the Week program in your classroom.
* Suggestions for use and for organization
* The Symbols of Our Country (poem)
* United States Symbols (research form)
* The First Thirteen States (poem/rap)
* Voting Day (poem)
* One Day When I Am President (poem)
* When I Am President (writing paper)
* Memorial Day (poem)
* Memorial Day (writing paper)
* The Fourth of July (poem)
* My Favorite Thing About the Fourth of July (writing paper - two versions, one with word box, one without)
* That Sad September Day (poem - not recommended for K-1)
* Our Constitution (poem)
* The Constitution is Important to Me (writing paper)
* A Veteran Is... (poem)
* My Interview With a Veteran (student directions and recording forms)
+++Revised November 2016 to add the poem, Voting Day+++
+++Revised June 2017 to add the poem, My Heritage is My History and writing paper, My Heritage. These may be used/performed/recited as part of a whole school celebration such as Heritage Day.
The Memorial Day Poem and Writing Paper are also available as a free download here:
Memorial Day Poem and Writing Paper
This product is also offered as part of a bundle:
Poem of the Week Bundle
If you enjoy teaching with poetry, please check out my other poetry products:
A Kind and Caring Classroom: Poems of the Week that Promote Good Character
Science Poems and Activities for Primary Grades
Make sure you follow my store to keep up with the latest information about new products and sales.