Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.3 MB | 12 pages
Whose side are you on?
In this engaging activity, students will learn about the two opposing sides that emerged at the time of the American Revolution: the patriots and the loyalists. They will then create a colonial persona in which they "become" a character from colonial times. This character will be either a patriot or a loyalist. Students create a colonial ID tag (that they wear every day for the remainder of the unit!) showing information about their persona. For fun, I will create an ID tag for myself too! I am usually neutral, but if I am teaching an integrated class, my co-teacher and I will be on opposing sides too. Kids love it. I look forward to this lesson every year!
Included in this download:
1. Student handout explaining the points of view of the patriots and the loyalists.
2. Power point accompanying the student handout
3. Student handout explaining the colonial persona assignment
4. Colonial ID tag information sheet
5. Detailed lesson plan including helpful tips and lessons learned :)
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a great day!