Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Patterned sentences are great for emergent readers and writers! There are many important foundational skills that can be developed by studying patterned sentences. This resource is meant to be spaced throughout an entire week. There are a variety of activities to meet your students’ needs. The intent of this resource is for you to choose what works best for your students.
This resource includes the following (ALL components of this resource are in the preview):
1. 6 patterned sentences sized for a pocket chart. There is one sentence per page. The words can be cut up so that students can rearrange the words into the correct order. Concepts of print can also be studied. There is a COLOR and BLACK AND WHITE version included.
2. 6 patterned sentences on one page for word work. Students can circle/underline/highlight/count words/etc.
3. 6 patterned sentences on one page. This page can be used with dabbers/coloring. Students dab each word and count the numbers of words in the sentence.
4. Writing: Students can write one sentence using a sentence frame and word bank.
5. Writing: Students can write the 6 featured nouns. You can either post the words for students or have students spell the words phonetically
6. Word search: 6 words with a space to write the words
7. Mini-Book with 5 of the 6 sentences with the words on the page. The book only requires 1 page (front and back and sliced into thirds)
8.Mini-Book with 5 of the 6 sentences with space to write the sentence on each page.The book only requires 1 page (front and back and sliced into thirds)
9. Cut and paste sentences (2 sentences on 2 different pages)
10. Mixed-up sentences (4 sentences per page to unscramble with space to draw a picture).
11. Word building and letter count cut and paste (contains 3 words)
The following sentences are featured in this resource:
I see a lion.
I see a frog.
I see a bird.
I see a monkey.
I see a llama.
I see a rabbit.