This unit can be used to teach patterns and functions over a 2 week period. It also contains many activities that can be played as a whole group, in partners, in centers, or played later in the year as a way to review for testing.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW in order to see some of what is included in this unit :)
Included in this unit:
1. Geometric Patterns:
- Repeating and growing patterns
- A pattern game with a record sheet
- Flashcards that can be organized into a pattern (growing and repeating)
2. Number Patterns:
- Number Pattern Go Fish and a record sheet
- Homework sheet
3. Geometric and Number Patterns:
- Patterns and their rules class work game
4. Geometric Patterns, Number Patterns, and Function Machines:
- A collection of 5 centers that can be organized to create a fun, monster-themed booklet at the end of class! Great fun for the class and combines all of the skills learned so far in this unit. Great form of review!
5. Checkpoint Mini-Quiz:
- Used to monitor and assess the skills acquired thus far by your students.
6. Graphing Function Machines:
- Graphing practice using a sheet protector and a dry-erase marker (graph and playing cards included in packet)
- 2 graphing functions work sheets to use as class assessment and practice.
7. Pattern Prediction:
- 2 class work assignments that can be used to predict figures that come later in a pattern. Great test practice.
8. Study Guide and Test (20 question test)