Patterns and Shapes in Nature | PBL STEAM Biomimicry Design Compatible with NGSS
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking for fresh ideas to welcome back your students to the new term? With many interesting facts and creative thinking prompts, the included resources in this bundle will help you introduce hours of engaging science activities about animals, plants and fungi to your students. Purchase this bundlePrice $8.55Original Price $15.00Save $6.45
- This is a Science Bundle with both printable and digital formats. It includes everything you will need to have excellent and varied science and art activities available for your students. The aim is to ignite a love for question-asking and using biomimicry challenges in the classroom. Design inspirePrice $81.00Original Price $138.20Save $57.20
- Looking for exciting science resources that students will appreciate and enjoy using? Spark an interest in space, nature and wildlife as well as the environment with resources in this generous bundle. With many interesting facts and creative thinking prompts, the included resources in this bundle wiPrice $31.50Original Price $51.35Save $19.85
- Leopards' spots, zebras' stripes and sunflower spirals are not just pretty! Provide your students with skills and understanding behind patterns and shapes in nature with this biomimicry resource. This resource will make your science projects for younger kids, Grade 1 to 3, both engaging and educPrice $6.75Original Price $9.50Save $2.75
- The finished drawings and writings make a stunning classroom display. A great way to learn more about everyone in the class and also discover amazing facts about animals. ger kids, Grade 1 to 3, both engaging and educational. It combines All about Me activity with learning about colorful animalsPrice $13.05Original Price $22.85Save $9.80
#funjunedeals Leopards' spots, zebras' stripes and sunflower spirals are not just pretty! Provide your students with skills and understanding behind patterns and shapes in nature with this biomimicry resource. This STEAM resource will make your science projects for younger kids, Grade 1 to 3, both engaging and educational.
This packet is perfect if you want something exciting for a project-based learning unit. Enter the fascinating world of patterns and shapes in nature- from spores, and zebras to sunflowers and kiwifruits. The aim is to inspire students to look for patterns and interesting shapes.
Feel inspired, Be Creative and Make Change.
The most intricate as well as mind-boggling patterns are often found where you least expect them. Walking around looking for patterns is a fun imaginary activity. An activity that inspires students to be curious. It also inspires students to search for scientific facts and to use artistic and aesthetic goggles to explore the world. You’ll find everything you need to feel inspired, get creative and engage young students.
You'll save time by purchasing this easy to use introduction to Biomimicry - Bio means Life and Mimic means to imitate life and nature.
What are you waiting for? Purchase this fun, educational and engaging nature inspired resource now and give your students a science activity they'll love.
This resource has been prepared so that your students can use it on digital devices. I have selected suitable slides for you, you need to insert text boxes and you can also add instructions for your students. There is also a short assessment with a couple of questions.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, thanks.
Please click the PREVIEW button above to get an idea of everything included.
This engaging Patterns in Nature package contains:
1. What is a Pattern? - Describe the pattern
2. Draw the pattern
3. Pattern words - make a dictionary.
4. Look for interesting shapes
5. A flower is beautiful because of its pattern
6. An animal is beautiful because of its pattern
7. Spotting spirals
8. What is a spiral?
9. Spotting Spots & Stripes
10. Can you describe spots & stripes
11. Can you decide if it is a Spot or Stripes?
12. Stunning Symmetry
13. How to decide if something is symmetrical?
14. What if challenge
15. Why do Animals and Plants use patterns?
16. Showing your pattern is not always wise!
17. Complete the patterns
18. Imagination challenge
19. Why are patterns useful
20. Draw your own Pattern Inspired by Nature
21. All about shapes - Mind map
22. Interesting Facts
23. Spores / make a spore print
24. Some interesting things that I have learned
25. Practical ideas - pattern mandala, golden ratio animal
Looking for a resource about butterflies?
Check out Project Based Learning: Caterpillars & Butterflies - STEAM, Biomimicry, NGSS
You may also like Project Based Learning: Insect Bundle - STEAM, Biomimicry, NGSS
Leaving feedback when you purchase a resource earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, Follow Me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 72 hours they are posted.
Reviews of other Think Dive - Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
Project based learning: Bats, STEAM, Biomimicry
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
Project based learning: Mammals, Reptiles & Amphibians - STEAM, Biomimicry, NGSS
"Used this for a Kindergarten STEAM club unit and it was a hit!"
Why am I qualified to write these biomimicry resources? I was a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design. I took part in the Biomimicry Design Challenge in 2021.
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing A4 or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.
#nature #pattern #biomimicry #steam #stem #sparkingchildrensthinkibility #thinkdive #asajomard #tpt #digitalactivities