Choose between printable activities or go paperless with digital resources that are compatible with Google Classroom. This comprehensive unit includes vocabulary practice, comprehension quizzes, constructed response writing prompts with organizers for planning, and language arts lessons to use with your novel study of Pax by Sara Pennypacker.
Be sure to check out all versions of this unit to determine which best fits your teaching style. This is Version #1.
Version #1 - Pax Digital + Printable Book Unit (This product contains the entire printable version + Boom Learning Decks + Google Digital Slides.)
Version #2 - Pax Printable Book Unit (This product contains the entire printable version.)
Version #3 – Pax Abridged Book Unit (This version contains vocabulary practice, comprehension questions, and constructed response writing.)
· 16 Vocabulary/Comprehension Checks
· Context Clues Practice
· Recognizing Sentence Beginnings Practice
· Types of Conflict in Literature Practice
Activities for Google Slides
· Constructed Response Questions
· Varying Sentence Beginnings
· Foxes and Medicinal Plants Mixed Practice
· Proverbs and Adages
· Types of Conflict in Literature
· Figurative Language
· Context Clues
· Compare and Contrast
Lesson Plans at a Glance
• Vocabulary List (32 focus words)
• Vocabulary Bookmarks
• Vocabulary Word Cards
• Vocabulary Practice Booklet (16 page booklet)
• Vocabulary Test
16 Comprehension Quizzes with multiple choice, sequencing, matching, and short answer
17 Constructed Writing Questions/Aligned to the Common Core State Standards
Skill Practice/ Aligned to the Common Core State Standards
· Varying Sentence Beginnings Organizer
· Varying Sentence Beginnings Practice
· Foxes and Medicinal Plants Printables
· Proverbs and Adages Organizer
· Proverbs and Adages Practice
· Proverbs and Adages BINGO
· Conflict Organizer
· Conflict Practice
· Figurative Language Response Cards
· Figurative Language Organizers
· Context Clues Organizers
· Context Clues Games and Printables
· Compare and Contrast Organizers
· Compare and Contrast Practice
Please download the preview for a closer look.
˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜
If you are looking for additional book units, click here to see the full list of ★available titles.
°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆*”˜˜”*°
Boom Cards live in the cloud. They can't be printed. They play on most modern browsers, Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. You open a Boom Learning account to play them (to protect the children). Create Fast Play pins to assign your Boom Cards to students.
Boom Learning also has premium accounts. Premium accounts offer advanced assignment tools, individual and whole class performance tracking, and more. If you are a new Boom Learning customer, when you redeem your Boom Cards purchase you get 90-day free trial of a premium account. When your trial ends, you can renew or move to a free account. You may upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time. Free accounts use purchased Boom Cards with Fast Play pins.