- Learn brief background about origins of Pax Romana and Octavian Augustus' rule
- Read 3 primary sources and watch a movie clip depicting life in the Roman empire and answer analytical questions
- Understand the problems inherent in the bread and circus policy
- Use information to debate the question: Was the Pax Romana really a "golden" age for Rome?
- Detailed Common Core aligned lesson plan with Aim, Do Now, lecture notes, and class questions
- 3 primary source reading excerpts with analytical writing questions
-Uploaded in Word for your editing convenience
**Please leave a rating or review in exchange for this free download!**
Leads nicely into my lesson Decline of the Roman Empire
For BIG savings, you may be interested in my "Classical Greece, Rome, and Byzantine Empire Unit Bundle"
GET FREE TPT CREDITS:
If you use this product, please leave a review! Not only is it helpful for me, you can get feedback credits on future purchases! Simply go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Become a follower to be the first to hear about flash freebies, discounts, and new products!