The Peace Book and Social Responsibility
Open up discussion on Core Competencies and Social Responsibilities
The Peace Prayer
Inspired by St. Francis of Assisi
Make me an instrument of peace.
Where there is hate, let me spread love.
Where there is hurt, let me forgive.
Where there is disbelief, let me believe.
Where there is despair, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness, let me bring light.
Where there is sadness, let me bring joy.
Oh, may I not so much seek to get as I do to give.
For in giving, I receive,
In loving, I receive love,
In forgiving, I am forgiven.
This is the way to real life!
There are different ways to use this book:
1. Make a booklet to read the text. Each page poses questions to ponder.
2. Make a booklet including a write page to match each page of text. Opportunity to respond to questions.
3. Only use the write pages where you are teaching that particular character trait.
4. Give a one "write" page to each student and make a class booklet to match the Peace Prayer text.
5. Use the text for grand conversations, consideration of questions, on the topic of peace.
Suitable for grade 1-4
35 half pages.
Created to inspire conversations on Core Competencies of Social Responsibility. Fits also with curricular competencies on unity and diversity and seeing things from another's point of view.