Use this adapted "Prayer of St. Francis" to open up discussions on using our hands for peace. Thoughts, questions and inspirations connect well to Core Competencies and Social Responsibilities in New BC Curriculum.
The Peace Prayer
Inspired by St. Francis of Assisi
Make me an instrument of peace.
Where there is hate, let me spread love.
Where there is hurt, let me forgive.
Where there is disbelief, let me believe.
Where there is despair, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness, let me bring light.
Where there is sadness, let me bring joy.
Oh, may I not so much seek to get as I do to give.
For in giving, I receive,
In loving, I receive love,
In forgiving, I am forgiven.
This is the way to real life!
There are different ways to use this book:
1. Make a booklet to read the text. Each page poses questions to ponder.
2. Make a booklet including a write page to match each page of text. Opportunity to respond to questions.
3. Only use the write pages where you are teaching that particular character trait.
4. Give a one "write" page to each student and make a class booklet to match the Peace Prayer text.
5. Use the text for grand conversations, consideration of questions, on the topic of peace.
Suitable for grade 1-4
35 half pages.
Created to inspire conversations on Core Competencies of Social Responsibility. Fits also with curricular competencies on unity and diversity and seeing things from another's point of view.
Tips for Customers:
If you enjoy this product, please leave positive feedback to gain credits for futures purchases!
If you have questions or problems, please contact me through Product Q &A and I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Thank-you for your purchase!
By purchasing this resource you are agreeing that the contents are the property of Bonnie Lanigan and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user. I retain the copyright, and reserve all rights to this product.
• Make copies for your classroom(s)
• Direct others to my store
• Reference my products without distributing the product in blogs posts, at seminars, professional development, workshops or other such venues (please give credit to myself and link back to my store in your presentation)
You May Not:
• Make copies with the intention to redistribute
• Claim this work as your own by removing the copyright or watermarks
• Repackage and/or resell this product in part or whole
• Share this product in part or whole on the internet as a download or copy (Includes, but not limited to personal sites, school sites, Google Doc links or blogs or sites, internet sharing groups, news lists or shared databases)
Thank you for abiding by the widely accepted codes of professional ethics while using this product.