Peak is a game I designed for my 7th graders to help them practice comparing and ordering rational numbers in a really fun way. I laminated these cards, and use them year after year. If you print double sided, the design on the back of the card will prevent students from being able to see through the card.
- Deal out the cards so that each player has the same amount of cards. If there are extras, place them to the side.
- The player to the right of the dealer plays the first card and play rotates counter-clockwise around the circle.
- Each player must play a card larger than the last card played.
- If you do not have any larger cards to play when it is your turn, you must pick up the entire pile, and it becomes part of your hand
- If you have a card that is equivalent to the card played before you, you can play your congruent card, then a card larger. If you have a congruent card, but no larger cards to play after, you can just play your congruent card.
- The first player to run out of cards in their hand is the winner.