Peak is a game I designed for my 7th graders to help them practice comparing and ordering rational numbers in a really fun way.
- Deal out the cards so that each player has the same amount of cards. If there are extras, place them to the side.
- The player to the right of the dealer plays the first card and play rotates counter-clockwise around the circle.
- Each player must play a card larger than the last card played.
- If you do not have any larger cards to play when it is your turn, you must pick up the entire pile, and it becomes part of your hand
- If you have a card that is equivalent to the card played before you, you can play your congruent card, then a card larger. If you have a congruent card, but no larger cards to play after, you can just play your congruent card.
- The first player to run out of cards in their hand is the winner.