This Reading Street Sidekick is jam packed with activities to supplement Pearl and Wagner Two Good Friends from the new common core version of the Scott Foresman Series.
1) overview page with all the sight, spelling, vocabulary, and amazing words that can be used as a handout to give at the beginning of the week
2) spelling, amazing, and vocabulary word cards that can be laminated and cut to use at centers or during word work
3) Amazing words cards with definition to use for extra practice
4) Amazing words write the definition and draw a picture
5) Main idea and details organizer for the story
6) Author's purpose practice
7) Two venn diagrams
8) Three writing prompts based on the story (two narrative and one persuasive)
9) Antonyms practice
10) printables for spelling, sight, and amazing words
11) two verbs practice sheets
12) The best part - a craftivity dealing with the summary of the story. See picture in preview. Students will write the summary and attach it to a robot template.
I will be making these for my classroom, but if this is something that you would like to see continue for the other stories, let me know!