The Pearl by John Steinbeck Chapter 6 Activity Packet
This is a very comprehensive bundle of instructional resources and activities related to Chapter 3 of John Steinbeck’s classic novel, the Pearl. I think your students will enjoy this bundle which includes.
1) + 2) Two Chapter 6 Scavenger hunts for information: This includes 30 and 36 question active reading scavenger hunts where students actively hunt for information while they read. These scavenger hunts are meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. They are always a hit with my high school kids. Answer sheets are included.
3) A Chapter 6 Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activity.
Students act as vocabulary detectives using their word attack skills to determine the meaning, of new words in context using actual dialogues and narration from the story. They are also asked to provide synonyms and identify parts of speech. There are also questions related to figurative language and word variation. Answer sheets are again included.
4) The Pearl Chapter 6 Crossword: A crossword puzzle related to characters, events, vocabulary, and figurative language in chapter 3.
5) The Pearl Irony Power Point
This is an interactive Power Point which introduces your students to the different kinds or Irony and discusses situational, verbal, and dramatic Irony found in the story.
6) A 9 page explanation of the symbols and symbolism found in the story. There is also a comprehensive analysis of how these symbols drive the plot and theme of the story.
7) A Literary Circle end of novel activity-This is a culminating activity for the novel. Students are given 5 major questions to discuss relating to the theme and message of the story. These questions are thought provoking and lead into interesting writing activities
Again I think that your kids will enjoy this comprehensive and interesting packet of instructional activities