I created a kid friendly science journal to follow the FOSS kit for Pebbles, Sand, and Silt. Each investigation has an easy to use recording sheet/s for students to record their observations. Over 85 picture supported vocabulary cards are included.
All ready for both 3rd Edition and Next Gen Edition!
This pack contains:
1. Colorful and bright pieces to be use whole group or blown up!
2. Both color and black and white cover pages
3. Table of Contents
4. Multiple recording pages for each observations (with focus questions)
5. Glossary page
6. Over 85 picture supported vocabulary cards
7. Numerous teacher tips
8. You can add the page numbers to mix and match the pages your class will need. (Allows the flexibility to do parts of the kit or all of the kit- which ever fits your class the best!)
9. All no prep and easy to implement!!
10. Extra pages/ activities
The best part is that it's all kid friendly!!
I have also included my What Do Scientists Do? teacher read aloud and student activity book.
All focus questions are included on each student page.
Additions to FOSS- Pebbles Math story problems, word search, My Pet Rock creative writing page, and descriptive sentence writing activity.
Just added: a comprehensive formative assessment on the entire unit! multiple choice and short answer!
New as of 7/7/14- Over 50 picture supported vocabulary cards!
New as of 1/4/15- added 3 wrap up vocab pages, glossary option, and table of contents option.
New as of 8/3/17- Completely updated for the NGSS Edition.
You will get both files in the purchase! So you will be covered if you teach the 2nd, 3rd, or NGSS edition!! They are all pretty similar, but there are slight differences!
Please email me with any question!! Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the preview for more!!
See my other FOSS resources below!