Teach about pedigree charts with this low-prep resource which includes an independent reading, differentiated task cards, and individual pedigree legend cards with their own foldable envelope for interactive notebooks.
• An independent reading that explains how to read a pedigree chart, reinforces the use of Punnett squares, and reviews the inheritance of dominant and recessive traits.
• Two differentiated sets of 10 task cards (20 total task cards). One set is more basic and the other set is more challenging.
• A full size legend to incorporate into your own PowerPoint presentation or use with a document camera for instruction or review about pedigree charts.
• Printable student versions of the legend in a smaller size for their interactive notebook.
• A template for a foldable envelope - sized just right to the hold the student legend card securely in an interactive notebook, while allowing for the flexibility of removing the card for studying or to use with the task cards. (And that envelope template will be great for other interactive notebook items too!)
• Student answer sheets for use with the task cards.
• Complete notes for the teacher, with three options for using the cards.
• Answer keys for both sets of task cards.
You won’t need any other resource to teach about pedigree charts and this resource is so flexible and independent that it’s perfect to give to a student who missed class or to leave for a substitute to use. The task cards are easy to use as a formative assessment and can be structured for either small group or independent student use. If laminated, the reading and task cards will be useful for years to come.
Please take a minute to look at the preview where you can read all the notes for the teacher and see samples of the reading, the task cards, and the student legend cards.
that this product is part of a cost-saving bundle of heredity and genetics activities, simulations, and vocabulary review puzzles which you can see HERE
Connect with me by following My Blog or by following me on Pinterest
Click on the green star near my logo to follow my TpT store and receive notifications of new product releases. You won't get annoying emails every day if you do that! :) You'll only get an email if I have just released a new product!
Did you know you can get credits to use on any purchase in any TpT store just by leaving feedback?
After you've used a product from a TpT seller, please take a minute to return to leave feedback. It's very much appreciated and it's an easy way to earn credits that save you money on your next purchase!