Thanks for shopping at the Traveling Teacher Online store! I hope this product will be useful to you in the classroom.
Notes on the Product
The activity is meant to be used during the spring season and for a unit on writing poetry. My particular use was for a sixth grade language arts class. It can be adapted for other seasons and other grade levels.
This activity includes the following components:
• Directions for the teacher.
• Student self-editing checklist
• Example poems written by Holly McElwee (me!)
• Grading Rubric
• Prewriting webs and examples
• Stationary (for color printing and black and white)
• Suggestions for working with candy in the classroom
Prerequisite knowledge: This lesson will be easier if your students already know and understand:
• How to use rhyme scheme
• How stanzas are used in poetry
• Character, setting, and problem and solution
• Ideas for extensions and modifications are included.
Note – Peeps™ candy is the property of the Just Born candy company, and is used here strictly as an inspirational item, not for profit. I do not claim any rights to the Peeps™ concept. My only financial gain through the sale of this lesson is in the creation of the writing activity and related materials.
I appreciate your fair and honest feedback after using this item with your students.
Visit my blogs: www.travelingteacheronline.com and www.mrsmcelwee.blogspot.com
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org