Peer Feedback Activities for Effective Peer Review
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (3)
This bundle contains peer feedback activities for presentations, informational writing, and creative writing. Use these throughout the year and mix-and-match them for different units. This resource also includes activities for self-reflection. (grades 6-10)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My journalism students requested more opportunities for peer feedback before we published our monthly newspaper. They specifically wanted to know if others enjoyed their articles. This fit the bill perfectly!" -Emily Y.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This resource helped me build in a systematic way for students to review their work and provide feedback. I was looking for something that I could plug in easily." -Robin Y.
Effective peer feedback is:
- Formative (not summative)
1. Formative: After a good peer feedback session, writers or presenters have the opportunity to revise their work to integrate peer feedback.
Use peer feedback for the drafting process of writing. For presenting, consider using peer feedback in small groups before presenters show their work to the entire class. That way, they can implement their peers’ feedback on the same project and get actual results. When I set students up to give TAG feedback in a Writer’s Workshop, writers revise their work after this session.
2. Actionable: Good feedback should be attainable for the creator. For example, let’s say a writer needs more supporting evidence in a research paper. It’s overwhelming to imagine revising an entire paper in this manner! Instead, students can identify one or two paragraphs that they can improve with a specific action step.
3. Relevant: Students are humans, and they don’t want to waste their time. They know some revisions are going to have a bigger impact than others. Help your feedback givers identify the most impactful opportunities for revision.
- Peer Feedback Forms for presentations. Choose what level of feedback you'd like your students to give. Includes Self-Reflection forms.
- Peer Feedback for paragraph writing. Includes models and feedback forms for introduction and body paragraphs.
- TAG Feedback form for Writer's Workshop.
Download the preview for more information!
Your download is a "print-and-go" .pdf file and is not editable. Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. :)
Did you know that you can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA