Also included in
- Want to implement writing workshop but don't know where to start? This bundle of helpful minilessons is what you need to get going! Essentially, writing workshop is an instructional model in which the teacher facilitates a minilesson and then releases students to write. It's effective because studen$17.00$20.75Save $3.75
- Need engaging, challenging lessons for your American Literature course? Want to save hundreds of hours lesson-planning and take your time back? This mega-bundle of my tried-and-true resources is here to save the day. When you purchase this bundle, you will receive ALL of my American Lit resources, i$150.00$236.25Save $86.25
Tired of peer feedback flopping? Facilitate meaningful peer feedback and engage ALL students with this unique speed dating peer feedback activity. This peer feedback lesson will teach students to think like writers and allow them to revise before you even glance at their essays to give feedback! Speed dating peer feedback provides just the right amount of structure and guidance to scaffold your writers throughout the revision process.
This activity takes students through 13 different rotations (or "dates") of peer review. Each round, students are paired up with a different peer, so that students are not reading through full drafts from their peers, but rather, small components of different essays. This approach allows students to focus and provide meaningful feedback for their peers. It is much less intimidating, and it helps break up the monotony of peer editing.
Don't waste your time commenting on their essays until you've made them do the HARD WORK of revising their rough drafts. This product will complement your writing workshop perfectly, and ultimately, it will create less work for you!
This product contains an EDITABLE 14-slide PowerPoint, 2-page feedback student worksheet, and 1-page teacher guide, as well as digital Google Slides versions of the resources.
Check out my other minilessons and activities for writing workshop here:
Love this resource? Check out my other speed dating resources:
- Speed Debating: Persuasive Activity - Practice Debate & Ethos, Pathos, & Logos
- Speed Dating for ANY Novel: Engaging Literary Analysis Discussion Activity!
- Back-to-School "Speed Dating" Icebreaker Activity: Build Classroom Community!
- Speed Dating for ANY Topic: Editable Template - Engaging Activity!
- American Dream Speed Debating Discussion - Engaging Activity