- "This was so much fun!"
- "Great activities to reinforce shape concepts."
- "My Preschoolers love this product. It is fun and engaging!"
I designed this emergent reader packet to go along with my Silly Shaped Penguin craft, which is a FREEBIE in my TpT shop.
For your convenience, I’ve included it with this packet.
You don’t have to make the Silly Shaped Penguins, but I really think they get children excited to make this short emergent reader booklet, which includes 50 Dolch sight words!
Children read the sentence, add end punctuation ( ? . ! ), trace & write the shape word, then trace, draw and color the shape.
I've included an extra page with the hexagon, pentagon & octagon if you study those as well.
The last page is also optional. “This penguin is in the shape of my shoe. It’s a special keepsake that I made for you.” where children trace their shoe, and add details to make it look like a penguin.
There are 2 size options for the booklet: full-page (great for a teacher’s edition), plus 2-on-a-page half size to conserve paper and ink.
* A set of trace & write the shape word cards, which can be turned into an Itty Bitty booklet, or used for a Memory Match or “I Have; Who Has?” game. I’ve also included a full-color set as well.
* A graphing extension
* A “Roll & Color” the shapes game, where children choose a partner & take turns rolling the dice. Whatever number they roll, is the matching numbered shape that they color.
* And finally, an “I Spy a Shape” game worksheet, which is a quick, easy and fun way to whole group assess.
You can use the worksheet 5 times too!
Click on the PREVIEW to see lots of samples.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your kiddos enjoy “shaping up” with the Silly Shaped penguin gang.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click the LINK to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.