Learn about penguins through reading, writing, math games, social studies activities, and science experiments! The emphasis of the materials in this packet is on Fiction and Nonfiction, but I've included blank penguin games so they can be customized to teach the skills of your choice and better meet the needs of your students.
Here are the fun-filled activities included in this packet:
1. "Penguin Facts & Fun" full-color class book with an emphasis on Fiction and Nonfiction
2. A black line master for half-size student books
3. A comprehension test
4. Vocabulary words for sentence chart
5. An original poem, "Five Funny Penguins," with suggestions for use
6. A Build-a-Sentence activity
7. A word game called "Catch of the Day"
8. A Fiction/Nonfiction worksheet
9. "Lost Penguin" game to practice fiction/nonfiction
10. An activity to write and practice the __ide word family (like slide)
11. A Read-And-Draw comprehension activity
12. Writing Connections - writing ideas including "Tacky the Penguin" ideas
13. Math Connections - ideas & games for Venn Diagrams, place value, addition/subtraction facts to 20
14. Social Studies Connections - ideas for taking care of our Earth and geography
15. Science Connections - experiments, a research project
Some of these activities would be great at a Literacy or Math Center!