A twelve-page EASY penguin research project perfect for teaching the common core shared research standard with even your earliest researchers!
My First Report: Research Penguins Includes
1) A Title Page
2) I Already Know That Penguins... (A way of activating prior knowledge)
3) Penguin Wonders ... (An independent questioning technique)
4) Where Does the Penguin Live? (A recording page for research)
5) A Penguin's Body (A recording page for research)
6) The Perfect Penguin Body (A recording page for research)
7) It's a Penguin's Life (A recording page for adaptation research)
8) What's for Dinner? (A recording page for food research)
9) Different Kinds of Penguins (A recording page for comparing penguin species)
10) Pick a Penguin ... Any Penguin (A recording page for research on penguin species)
11) Are You a Fact Finder? (Nine questions for young researchers)
12) Where did I find my facts? (A SIMPLE bibliography)
* This report can be printed in TWO formats ... lined and unlined. In one format the graphic organizers are left blank, and in the other format the graphic organizers have appropriately spaced lines. Simply choose your preference!
* Would you like to wrap up your shared research with a final writing piece? There are penguin themed writing papers in both a primary lined format and a single line format.
* Although the shared research project works best when completed together, some of you may require an assessment or grading piece. To meet that need, there is an EDITABLE, in Microsoft Word, rubric.
* There is also a bibliography of nonfiction titles, kid-friendly websites, and videos that relate to all different aspects of penguins. Each of the resources is clickable. Simply open your PDF file, click on the pix, and you'll be at a book description, a website, or a video!
Use this project in its entirety or pull out pages that most fit your needs. Be sure to check out the downloadable preview for a complete view of all twelve pages.
Happy Researching :)
More in My First Research Project Series
Frogs and Toads
?? Looking to save a bundle ??
If you are thinking about purchasing more than one of the projects in My First Research series, consider checking out the bundle. At today's price, you will get six projects for the price of eight. More importantly, you will receive any future animal projects for FREE, as future updates are only a download away.
Interested? Click HERE FOR THE BUNDLE