If you are looking for a fun winter unit on penguins for older kids, this is the unit for you. The unit is designed for grades 2-4 including research, writing, and an adorable penguin glyph. CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR A PICTURE OF THE PENGUIN GLYPH!
Students learn more about penguins through several non-fiction books and articles and there are a ton of activities included for the students to exercise their new knowledge.
Included in this unit you will find the following penguin-themed items:
- Teacher Notes and a list of recommended books
- Headings for a Schema Poster (picture included)
- A Can/Have/Are Tree Map
-Label It Penguin! Organizer (answer key included)
- Venn diagram comparing/contrasting penguins and other birds (answer key included)
- Important Poem template and two stationery options for publishing
- Penguin Glyph Activity: Includes glyph survey, key, and all the templates to make an adorable penguin. After students have created their glyph they can analyze the data and graph results
- Creature Feature Research Paper: Includes Research Note Sheet, Research Paper Template, two different template options for paragraph writing, and stationery for final copy.
I think your kids will truly love this unit!