Informational texts are great for building content area vocabulary. This interactive book and activity set about penguins are fun to work on in speech therapy and special education to learn all about penguins. Combine Science, ELA, and Language Intervention with this resource.
Included in this resource are:
- A clinician-written interactive informational text about penguins. (p5-18)
- Vocabulary word activity. (p19-20)
- Comprehension questions. (p21-22)
- A fact book for students to make about penguins. (p23-29)
- An ‘I Can Read’ penguin book. (p30-35)
- Phonological awareness activities (initial & final sounds, syllable counting, sound blending). (p36-44)
- Penguin barrier game. (p45-51)
You might also like my other language-based informational text interactive activities, like
I also have resources for Bats, Whales, Bears, Animals of Africa, and Rocks, and more.