Also included in
- Animal Bundle Environment | Life Cycle Biomimicry NGSS For GOOGLE Classroom™:Looking for something exciting for Google Classroom? This project based learning unit focuses on the study of animals. Students will love using this interactive resource to study animals and use creative t$32.00$46.00Save $14.00
- Bird Bundle | Biomimicry Life Cycle Project Based Learning NGSS: Need something for distance learning? This bundle has 2 resources that have been specifically made for Google Classroom. There are also resources that are perfect to use in the classroom, distance-learning or homeschooling. What do$12.00$16.50Save $4.50
Penguins Life Cycle | Biomimicry Project Based Learning GOOGLE Classroom™:
Looking for something exciting for Google Classroom? This project based learning unit focuses on the study of penguins. Students will love using this interactive resource to study the fascinating flightless birds and use creative thinking to explore ideas. To gain a deeper understanding of the functions and strategies used by penguins, there are slides with links to carefully selected videos. The life cycle is also explored.
1. Introduction to Biomimicry for teachers with an example of "an invention" inspired by dugongs and caterpillars.
2. What is Biomimicry?
3. A cool idea.
4. Interesting Facts About Penguins
5. A Penguin has, can, is
6. A Penguin has
7. A Group of Penguins
8. Who lives in a cold place?
9. Who lives in a warm place?
10. Penguin Life Cycle
11. Cool Chicks
12. Penguin Life Cycle Words
13. Penguin Life Cycle - Describe the different stages
14. Penguins & Eggs
15. Great Dads - Write a Story
16. I Love Penguins because. . .
17. Penguins flying out of water
18. Interesting Penguin Flight
20. What if I met an AncientGiant Penguin
21. Ancient Giant Penguin
22. Waddle like a penguin
23. Why does a penguin waddle?
24. Ice skate like a penguin
26. Design Challenge
27. Random inspiration.
28. My ideas.
29. My invention.
30. What I have learned.
31. Cool ideas I have explored.
What do I receive?
This product is an online resource.
What do I need?
This resource works great with laptops, iPads, and Chromebooks. If using iPads, the Google Slides app will give you the best experience.
How do I use?
This paperless resource can be used independently, with partners, in small groups, and even whole group as a class lesson. It can be used in Science Centers.
If you have any questions or issues with this resource, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be happy to try to help you!
IMPORTANT: These are digital resources, so please only purchase this resource if you have the capabilities in your classroom to use it. You need resources such as computers, laptops, or tablets, Internet access, and a Google account.
Reviews of other Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
A very comprehensive, thorough, and unique resource to teach elementary students about biomimicry! An excellent addition to any biology unit!
Why am I qualified to write these biomimicry resources? I am a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
#penguins #biomimicry #lifecycle #googleclassroom#biomimicry #steam #stem #NGSS #sparkingchildrensthinkibility #thinkdive #asajomard #tpt #projectbasedlearning #IndependentWorkPackets #distancelearning #digitalactivities