Your students will have so much fun learning all about penguins with this unit that covers Common Core Standards. It's packed with lots of great centers, activities, crafts and ideas to keep your students motivated and engaged while having fun!
This unit covers BOTH fiction and non-fiction components of penguins.
Some things included in this unit are:
- beginning sounds
- sight word identification
- middle sounds
- CVC words
- letter identification
- letter sequencing (upper and lower case)
- tally marks
- add/subtract game
- number words
- number sequencing
- fractions (1, 1/2, 1/4, 3/4)
- measurement (1:1 identification)
-> art activity (using and reviewing 2-D shapes)
-> Slip-Sliding Fun - a roll the die game
Non-fiction section includes:
- bubble map
- can/have/are chart
- How Do You Measure Up? activity (templates to create life-size penguins)
- informational cards on various penguins
- labelling activity
...and LOTS more!
This unit goes well with my Write the Room Literacy Center - Penguins
Please visit my blog at Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class
Thanks for looking!