Pennsylvania History is a State-Aligned Resource that uses Nonfiction Informational Text, a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities and SEVENTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments to teach students about Native Americans in Pennsylvania, Early Explorers, The French and Indian War, the American Revolution, Statehood, Pennsylvania's Government, the Civil War, Points of Interest, and so much more!
Pennsylvania History includes NINE COMPLETE lessons. For less than $2.60 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with all of the Content and engaging hands-on activities that students need to learn about Pennsylvania's History:
• Questions after each Pennsylvania lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions that encourage Critical Thinking
• How-to-Draw activities following directions to practice Functional Text Comprehension
• Reference Map Skills plotting number pairs on a Coordinate Grid
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
• Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues – great for ELL Students
• Creative, Expository, Persuasive Writing (Pre-Writing Questions & KWLH Charts included!)
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Mystery Puzzles
• Vocabulary activities and quizzes
Students will then use the Pennsylvania History Content to complete SEVENTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments: (all patterns and step-by-step directions included!):
• THREE One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizers
• ONE Native American Four-Fold Organizer (Pennsylvania's First People)
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
•�� TWO Interactive Time Lines (Pennsylvania's Explorers and Statehood)
• TWO Vocabulary Foldables
• TWO Vocabulary Cootie Catchers + Two-Pocket Organizer
• ONE Famous Person Cube (Daniel Boone)
• TWO Cause and Effect Organizers (The American Revolution)
• ONE Vocabulary Flaps Organizer
• ONE Venn Diagram Organizer (The Civil War)
• ONE Interactive Travel Brochure (Pennsylvania's Points of Interest)
Pennsylvania's Native Americans
French and Indian War
Proclamation of 1763
The American Revolution
The Civil War
Pennsylvania's Points of Interest
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Pennsylvania Writing activities and Interactive Notebook assignments.
Download the Pennsylvania History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER MIDDLE ATLANTIC REGION RESOURCES:
NORTHEAST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE – 11 INTERACTIVE MINI UNITS + AUDIO
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING PENNSYLVANIA HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2017-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.