This is a set of 30 pentomino puzzles. There are 3 versions of each pentomino puzzle provided. One is a black and white version, a colored version, as well as a colored answered key that is also perfect for younger students. Use these at math stations or as fast finisher activities. Each square unit measures to 3/4 of an inch. Many standard plastic puzzle pieces measure at an inch. To make the puzzles fit on a standard sheet of paper, the size had to be reduced. The puzzle pieces are included in this set. You may print either in color or black and white. Laminate the pieces to make more durable.
Pentominoes - a shape made by joining five squares together side-to-side. There are 12 distinct pentomino shapes.
Pentomino activities help to develop many different geometric concepts including:
Pentominoes provide children with the opportunity to begin to think about shapes and objects in a geometric manner. They also provide for logical thinking and deductive reasoning.
Pentominoes are able to teach many standards across multiple grade levels…
- Use simple shapes to make designs, patterns, and pictures.
- Combine and subdivide simple shapes to make other shapes.
- Describe and use geometric transformations (slide, flip, turn).
- Investigate the occurrence of geometry in nature and art.
- Use simple shapes to cover an area (tessellations).
- Use a translation, a reflection, or a rotation to map one figure onto another congruent figure.
- Recognize, identify, and describe geometric relationships and properties as they exist in nature, art, and other real-world settings.
Other Center Products:
SAVE on the TANGRAMS BUNDLE - Buy Set ONE and TWO and get the CELEBRATIONS pack for FREE!
Tangrams - Set ONE
Tangrams - Set TWO
Tangrams - CELEBRATIONS
Puzzle and Writing
Stamp and Dough Literacy Centers
Reading Passages - Fluency and Comprehension
Other Fun Math Products:
Interactive Math Notebook for First Grade (Common Core Aligned)
Interactive Math Notebook for Second Grade (Common Core Aligned)
Touch Point Addition and Subtraction - Fairy Tales
Daily Math Lessons - Bundle for Second Grade