*10 Journal prompts with word bank to give ideas for beginning and/or struggling writers, and to help spell words.
* The Word banks have words ranging from easy to moderate in difficulty. You can direct students to use some of the words, or they can just get ideas from them.
* Picture box with unique side illustration: students can draw their own picture after writing.
* Each Prompt comes in Primary-lined and Standard-lined version
* Rubrics and Teacher's Notes Box: a 5-star grading system. Students can color each star on the checklist after they finish their work. Teacher's can write their comments in the Notes Box.
1. What do you eat on Thanksgiving?
2. What are you thankful for?
3. What is your favorite kind of pie?
4. What chores did the Pilgrims have?
5. My favorite thing about Thanksgiving
6. What do you think it was like on the Mayflower?
7. What can you do with a pumpkin?
8. Write about Native Americans
9. My Family's Thanksgiving Traditions
10. My Pet Turkey
Thank you and Happy Teaching!