There are forty five problems with keys showing all the work for each calculation. To support learning there are two foldables, two calculation maps and a “pogil like” activity to introduce empirical and molecular formulas using visual representations and models. A set of notes is also included as a tool for the teacher and/or students.
1. Calculating Formulas Notes
2. Percent Composition, Empirical Formula and Molecular Foldable
3. Percent Composition Worksheet (problems)
4. Getting Ready for Calculating Empirical and Molecular Formulas Pogil Like
5. Empirical and Molecular Formulas Calculation Map
6. Determine the Identity of Amino Acids for a Forensic Lab (problems)
7. Empirical and Molecular Formulas Practice (problems)
8. Hydrate and Combustion Data Problems Foldable
9. Calculating Formulas from Combustion Data Calculations Map
10. Calculating Formulas of Hydrates and Formulas from Combustion Data (problems)
11. Calculating Formula Problems with a Story (problems)
The students will calculate percent composition, empirical and molecular formulas; and hydrates.