Converting words into a percent equation and solving: "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
** This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle: Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Activity Bundle
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- "What" becomes the variable
- "Is" becomes an equals sign
- "Of" becomes multiplication
- a percent is rewritten in its decimal form
- converting answers back into a percent when needed
- word problems with percents
- practice and examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle
Percent Equations: "Choose Your Own Journey Book"
Order of Operations Conquest Game (no negatives)