Percent of a Number — Domino Effect Math Game
Also included in
- Looking for a way to make your percent unit memorable, hands-on, and engaging for your math 6 or 7 students? Want to save money?Here you go! Each lesson is self-contained, and requires zero prep — just print and go.What's included?This bundle includes 6 activities involving percentages. It includesPrice $10.47Original Price $13.96Save $3.49
Looking for a fun and collaborative way to practice calculating the percent of a number (e.g. what is 12% of 85)? You've found it.
Domino Effect is a collaborative game where groups of 3 - 4 students work together to find the solution to the current problem — which reveals the next problem. Students solve 16 problems per game. If the solution to the last problem matches the answer on the starting card, the team has correctly completed the activity!
This includes 2 difficulty levels of the game, with 32 problems in total.
What math skills does it practice?
The activity includes two difficulty levels of the following:
- Level 1: Finding percent of a number. Example: What's 15% of 85
- Level 2: Finding the whole, given the part and the percent. Example: 70% of ____ is 23
This activity includes two difficulty levels so that you can differentiate students, or play twice back-to-back to practice.
How do I set it up?
Print out one copy of our PDF per group (3 - 4 students), and then:
- Cut out and shuffle the 16 task cards
- Cut out & tape the game board together
- Place the starting card & play!
There's 9 pages included:
- 1 teacher instructions page
- 2 task card page (with 16 task cards each)
- 4 game board pages
- 2 answer key pages
You might also like Doodle Math...
Before you go…
- Stay updated. this page to stay updated on new activities.
- Join the community. Join us on and for ideas and highlights.
- Please leave a review. I’d love to hear how the product is working in your classroom! (TPT gives you credit for reviewing paid products!)
Each purchased license is for use in a single classroom. If you’d like to share with other teachers, please buy additional licenses. Thanks!