24 Questions / 16 Piece puzzle to practise calculating Percent of a Number.
This puzzle contains questions calculating 5%, 10% and 20% of a number.
SEE PRODUCT PREVIEW FOR FULL DETAILS.
I have included three different sizes of the same puzzle. The smaller size fits onto one page of a4, the medium puzzle require 3 pieces of paper and the large puzzle requires 8 pieces of paper. The larger puzzle would be idea for group work.
What is Included
• The small puzzle – Page 1
• The normal puzzle – Pages 2 – 4
• The large puzzle – Pages 5 – 12
• The solution to the puzzle - Page 13
• Instructions for the puzzle - Page 14
• Blank Template - Page 15
Tips to use these puzzles
1. To increase the lifespan of these puzzles consider laminating numbering the puzzles to make them easier to sort out if they get mixed together.
2. The puzzle pieces are mixed so students can cut them out before they start answering them – saves lots of cutting time!
3. If working in pair or groups have each student take it in turns to match a card and justify their answer to the group. Alternatively split the cards between the group members and place one in the middle of the table. Pupils work out the questions on that card together then check their own cards to see who has the matching one.
4. Whilst monitoring pupils work look for clean edges around the outside (i.e. no questions). Hopefully they will use this as a self-check themselves.
5. Have pupils identify which three questions they found the most difficult and explain why.
You may wish to extend this further and have pupils create their own puzzles by giving them the template included. They can hand write their own questions and then cut it out and mix them up for their peers to try.