This set of 28 task cards will help your students with estimating and figuring our percents using real life ads. Perfect for math centers or activities. The Answer Key explains a way to figure out the answers through estimating, so you can give your students the answer key for a convenient self-correcting math center. I created these for my group of advanced 5th graders, but perfect for 6.RP.A.3
How can I use this product?
I have used task cards as a math center, journal prompts, whole class Scoot game, class discussions, or even assessments.
If you want a Google Drive ready version, click here.
Please Note: I suggest that you print these in full color, as the advertisements and pictures need to be, thanks!
What is included?
1 pdf file with 19 pages
* 3 pages of cover sheet/copyright info/contents & standards
* 28 Percent Task Cards (4 on a page, 7 pages) with real pictures of ads (Amazon & Target) for your students to figure out percents, discounts, and sale price.
* Blank page of four task cards if you want to write your own
* Cover sheet if you want to print out on the opposite of each task card
* Recording Sheets (two variations) – One with a space for all 28 answers, or sheet for you to write down which cards your student should do.
* Complete Answer Sheets (2 pages) - Explaining a way to figure out the percent, by rounding and estimating and using basic percents like 50%, 25%, 10% and 1%. If you know how to figure out these, you can estimate the percent of anything!
* Tracking Sheets to keep track of which task cards your students have done. (2 pages)
ALL Barbie Collector Dolls are “Buy 1 Get 1 40% off.” If you buy two dolls (one costs $29.99), how much will it cost?
Answer Key: The first doll costs about $30. $3 is 10%, so $12 is 40%, so subtract $12 from $30 and the second doll will cost $18. Both dolls will cost $48.
Is this available in a bundle as well?
Not at this time.
Do you have other products that are related?
Please see my other money activities!
How do I connect with Evil Math Wizard?
Be sure to follow my TPT store to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales. New products are always 50% for the first 24 hours, so it pays to follow my store.
To save more money, please leave feedback to earn TPT credits. Also visit my blog
for K-5 math tips and freebies you can use tomorrow in your classroom. You can also find me on Facebook
Other questions or requests?
If you have any requests or questions, please contact me through the "Product Q & A " tab below or email me at Deirdre@evilmathwizard.com
What standards are addressed?
Common Core Standards
6.RP.A.3 Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve real-world and mathematical problems, e.g., by reasoning about tables of equivalent ratios, tape diagrams, double number line diagrams, or equations.
6.RP.A.3c Find a percent of a quantity as a rate per 100 (e.g., 30% of a quantity means 30/100 times the quantity); solve problems involving finding the whole, given a part and the percent.