Do you need a fun way to review form, rhythmic concepts, and instruments in the percussion family through a classical connection? If so, these listening activities are for you! This set of activities focuses on the "Percussion Variations" from "The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra" by Benjamin Britten
The set includes:
- Percussion Variations PREVIEW PDF (shows all files included in the set)
- Percussion Family Slideshow PDF (for Projection)
- Percussion Family Dabber Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can use bingo dabbers or crayons/markers/colored pencils to mark the string instruments.
- Composer Bio Teacher Edition (Printable in Color)
- Composer Bio Student Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can fill in the information about Britten while the teacher shares from the Teacher's Edition.
- Animated Listening Map PowerPoint (for Projection)
**This listening map focuses on identifying the different themes played by the percussion instruments throughout the piece. It includes the composer biography as well.
- Animated Listening Map Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can color the instrument pictures and use the worksheet as a manipulative to track the form while listening to the piece.
- Instrument Play Along Activity PDF (for Projection)
**Students can perform rhythmic patterns that coincide with the timpani theme of the piece.
- Rhythm Performance Assessment (Printable)
**Students can perform one of the rhythmic patterns from the piece as an assessment.
- Rhythm Composition Assessment (Printable)
**Students can write their own patterns for each theme to perform with the piece as an assessment.
Due to copyright, the recordings of the pieces are not included with this product.
This product is included in the Orchestra MEGA Pack of Listening Activities and Assessments
Please follow us for product updates and freebies! We also value your feedback! Thank you for your support of Cowgirl Compositions!