This Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Movie Viewing Guide (PG-2010) is a great movie to introduce or pique your students' interest in Greek mythology. Use this movie guide to help keep your students engaged and create valuable and deep discussion.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 11 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
★You're In Good Hands★
If you deem this movie guide worthy, please visit MY STORE and search over 300 quality movie guides.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF printer version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
- An answer key (4 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- A Family Tree of the Gods with 8 characters from the movie (1 page)
- A generic movie guide permission slip (1 page)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Get Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE