Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time October Edition
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time: THE BUNDLE is designed to help primary students write perfect paragraphs with five main parts: an introduction, three details or reasons, and a closing statement. The students are asked to complete the parts in a step-by-step approach in a logical order that mPrice $37.50Original Price $46.75Save $9.25
- This WRITING MEGA BUNDLE includes everything you need to teach writing - complete writing units for each genre of writing, monthly writing activities to use in centers, and paragraph writing practice across content areas.Narrative, Opinion, and Informative Writing Units:standards-based, detailed lesPrice $91.60Original Price $114.50Save $22.90
This product is designed to help primary students write perfect paragraphs with five main parts: an introduction, three details or reasons, and a closing statement. The students are asked to complete the parts in a step-by-step approach in a logical order that makes sense and is easy for students to grasp. They will also review and discuss their peers’ writing and provide feedback for revising and editing.
These activities can be completed as morning work, homework, early finisher activities, part of your writing block, or any time as needed to reinforce the structure of writing a paragraph.
I have used a painting analogy throughout the pack and it will continue in other monthly packs as well (a poster is included). The students start with a blank slate, or canvas, where they will brainstorm ideas. They have an introduction which is represented by the painter starting to paint. The 3 details are represented with the paint palette because they will be adding extra information. The concluding statement wraps up the paragraph and completes the whole picture or painting represented by a finished, painted canvas.
The layout of this series will be similar each month so that the students can find a familiar format in which to write. My hope is that your students’ writing will improve by providing an easy, simple, step-by-step approach that ANY student can complete. I will continue to create a product like this for each month, offering 2 seasonal paragraphs and 2 generic paragraphs that can be used at any time of year. All packs will include narrative, opinion, and informative/explanatory paragraphs. I hope you and your students enjoy!
You might also be interested in:
- Informative Writing Unit
- Opinion Writing Unit
- Narrative Writing Unit
- Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Advanced Perfect Paragraphs One Step at a Time
- Common Core Writing Activities (monthly writing centers)
Interested in a COMPLETE SYSTEM for assessing students in reading using ANY text?
- Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Reading Interactive Notebook - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Digital Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
Jamie Rector from 2nd Grade Stuff
Blog // Facebook // Instagram // Pinterest // Email List // FREE FB Group
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.