This is an exciting and engaging lesson/set of tasks aiming to build students' skills at using personification and oxymorons in their writing . It was taught during an observation lesson where the teacher received extremely strong feedback.
Students learn to:
- Define and give examples of what personification and oxymorons are;
- Identify personification and oxymorons in fun and interesting examples;
- Analyse what makes them effective;
- Create their own personification and oxymorons using step-by-step advice;
- Peer assess using a clear and succinct success criteria.
It comes complete with:
- Engaging and visual PowerPoint to guide students (and teacher!) through the lesson;
- Colourful and thought-provoking two-part worksheet for the two main create tasks;
- Lesson plan/ teacher guidance sheet, which goes through the lesson step-by-step;
All pictures are licensed for commercial use, and image authors cited on the final slide.
You can choose to buy this product alone, or as a part of the Descriptive Writing Big Bundle, for even better value!