This powerpoint is designed to teach how to find imperfect square roots (to the tenths place) without the use of a calculator. The slides include animation for each step.
The powerpoint details the steps of:
1. place the imperfect square between two perfect squares
2. approximate the two consecutive integers the imperfect square is between
3. calculate the range of possible answers (to the tenths place)
4. determine which number the answer will be closest too
5. guess and check (to the tenths place)
A great tool to have completed before beginning this powerpoint would be a perfect squares chart.