Perfecting Punctuation with Wonderfully Wacky Words has 30 different sentence strips FULL of punctuation problems (capitalization, ending punctuation, commas, apostrophes and quotations) for your students to correct. There are also 14 different homophone sets included for them to master. And they are all from Dr. Seuss’s Happy Birthday to You!, The Cat in the Hat and One Fish Two Fish.
This pack also includes 25 punctuation rule cards that you can use to teach correct punctuation. The rule cards correspond to each of the punctuation problems your students will encounter in this packet. They are also a great reference for your students as they write throughout the year.
SCOPE OF PUNCTUATION RULES:
- Capitalization (beginning of sentences; the letter I; names; the first word inside a quotation)
- Ending Punctuation (periods, question marks, exclamation points)
- Commas (in a series; at the end of most direct quotations; to set apart attribution; to clarify a sentence; to set-off introductory information)
- Apostrophes (with "s" to show possession; to form a contraction)
- Quotations (to indicate someone's exact words; placement of punctuation inside quotation marks).
dew, do , due
their, there, they’re
to, two, too