Performance Task - Decimals & Expressions - Summer Reading Winners: A Series of Unfortunate Events
Performance Task Overview:
In the Summer Reading Winners Performance Task, students use data on their favorite book series and the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge to practice adding and subtracting decimals, writing and evaluating expressions with parentheses and multiplying multi-digit numbers. As the school librarian, they have to motivate the students in their district to help win the reading competition.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a core skill matched to a Common Core State standard.
* Level 2 Activity – Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills from the Level 1 activity.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the critical thinking! Stretch students to reason with math and data to come to conclusions.
* Finale Activities – Extend the learning. Each activity also includes a finale to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!